Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Observation #21 - Guitars


OK, it may be my mid life crisis kicking in, but I want a guitar. I don't mean a John Denver "take me home country roads" guitar either. I want a Fender Stratocaster with tremolo in a coffee sunburst pattern or a Gibson Les Paul II Studio Classic in a honey finish. Plus I would need a major Marshall amp, the kind that can start an earthquake. Not too much to ask for is it? I could get it all for a couple thousand bucks, is that too much to expect? Apparently it is, and understandably so.

A couple of problems, first off is I really don't have a clue how to play one. I've never even held one and the chances of me being able to play one with these chubby and arthritic fingers are pretty low. I could be the only adult in a class of 16 year olds, not too appealing. Plus, I would have to grow out my pinkie fingernail and every time I see one on a guy it gives me the creeps.

Also, when you have a pair of Corvettes, a high tech set of drums, lots of expensive exercise equipment and a pool table, its not very easy to sell that fact you need another toy. Even I don't know how to approach the subject. However, being a little hard headed and not necessarily the brightest star in the sky, I still asked her.

I thought I killed her at first, she laughed so hard she passed out. Don't think I'll be playing lead guitar for Aerosmith anytime soon so Joe Perry doesn't need to sweat it........... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment