Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Observation #28 - More Flying


Well, I flew home from Butte today. It was one of those flights, almost two hours delayed by weather in Butte, had to get deiced and from 30 seconds after take off until 30 seconds before we landed I never saw a thing outside the window but snow. Normally I would sleep, but Jeffery was behind me and Jeffery was constantly kicking my seat. I know his name was Jeffery because I kept hearing his Dad say "stop that Jeffery", he never did. I'm ashamed to say it but I was calculating Jeffery's mass and trying to determine if it would fit in the overhead bin, it would.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about. We have all heard the safety announcement so often we can repeat it at a moments notice. But I picked up something today that made me wonder about the people in those seats. The flight attendant said in order to sit in the emergency exit row "you must be able and willing to open the door when called upon without being distracted". Without being distracted???? If something happens that means that door has to be opened NOTHING would distract me, not even the number of people I would have to climb over to open the door. I mean, what does she expect someone to say, "please wait until I finish this chapter"? Do we really need to be asked that question?

No comments:

Post a Comment