Monday, April 6, 2009

Observation #24 - Airports


Well it's off to the big city of Albuquerque tomorrow which means one thing, I get to waste away hours of my life at a couple airports. It's not the $3 bottles of water or the $5 Whoppers, it's the whole experience. Everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere and no one is in a hurry to help you get there. You rush to get there early, wade through the throngs at the security check just to have your personal possessions given lethal doses of x rays. I always have the same experience, I keep headphones in my back pack and they must look like a bomb as I always have to get them out. I can understand that, I fit the profile of a terrorist, middle aged, over weight balding white man, we all look alike.

You then rush to the gate only to hurry up and wait some more. Even if everything goes just right and you board on time, someone will not be with the program and everyone needs to wait until that poor lost soul is found. Even so, I do love to give them a dirty look when they do finally get on the plane.

Plus I fly mostly to small airports, Boise, Butte, Grand Junction & Albuquerque which means small planes, the regional jets. I don't mind them, but they are a little tight. I'm just not the demographics the designers at Bombardier were thinking of when they designed the CR series. Plus, the pilots on these flights look like they just graduated high school. We had a recent aborted take off in Butte and as we were rolling back to THE gate (there's only one in Butte), the pilot said it was no big deal, just a couple of warning lights they needed some clarification on....... don't they teach them that in flight school????

Oh well, at least it's a short flight and I can sleep through anything.

1 comment:

  1. You do realize that part of the problem is your need to leave your house about three hours before your flight, right? :)

    ReplyDelete