Thursday, April 9, 2009

Observation #26 - Hotels


OK, just got back from Albuquerque, had a great trip. When I travel, I am fortunate to work for a company that wants us to stay in Marriott hotels, their feeling is if we're being asked to be away from home the least they can do is put us up in the best, very cool.

I have noticed one thing about most hotels, including the very up scale Marriott's I stay in, they have the ugliest carpet I have ever seen. Have you ever looked at the carpet in your room? Looks like someone spilled a truckload of tacky all over it. Red and gray plaid with a green border, real classy. Maybe it's me, perhaps that is what the wealthy people are doing now, I hope not but maybe I'm the one out of step with style.I have never seen a carpet in a hotel that I would put in my house. These room have top of the line TVs, beds, bedding, jet tubs, you name it. So why the ugly carpet? I think I have figured it out. You see, hotels do not want you to leave anything behind. I guarantee you that if you drop something on the floor it WILL stick out like a sore thumb against that ugly carpet.

So I like to believe they're looking out for us............

No comments:

Post a Comment