Saturday, April 4, 2009

Observation #23 - Pets


Pets are great, my little poodles are genuinely happy to see me when I get back from a trip on the road. They sit on my lap when I watch TV, they sleep with their little poodle heads against mine at night and all I have to do is look at them and I get my face licked, pets are great.

So to reward them, I like to slip them a little people food every now and then. I need to be careful as my wife does not agree with my method of rewarding their companionship. I'm getting good at it, but I got caught giving them a little taste of peanut butter, I have no idea if it's good for them, but they love it. My wife was not amused.

I have a confession, I don't give it to them because I think it's a great treat, it's more of a guilty pleasure for me. You see, give your little poodle a blob of peanut butter, it gets stuck to the roof of their mouth, just like when I eat it. When it happens to poodles, they clear it up by putting their tongues into overdrive and start licking the chops at a high rate of speed, it's pretty funny. I'm ashamed to admit it but that's why I give it to them. Before you judge me, try it on your dog, its good for a laugh and the dogs get a treat, a win/win in my book.

Probably wouldn't work on a cat.........

No comments:

Post a Comment