Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Observation # 10 - Salads



I have trained myself to order salads when I go out with my wife. It took years to discard the lifetime habit of burgers, ribs and other fatty, but great tasting food. Here I thought I was doing a good thing and now I read that some of my favorite restaurant salads are through the roof at some of my favorite places. Geez, what's a guy to do? Some of these salads have over 1,500 calories, any idea how many burgers I could snarf down for that? It would certainly be a much more enjoyable experience.

I think they should put a disclaimer on these salads like they do cigarettes. Something like "eating this salad can be hazardous to your health not to mention your taste buds". The irony of this is that now instead being hooked on burgers, ribs and other great fatty things, I'm hooked on these artery blocking salads.

I wonder how many calories and how much fat is in carrot cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment