Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Observation # 9 - Carrots


I admit it, I hate carrots. I hate their color, taste, smell and overall appearance. I see no redeeming value in carrots. I don't like them raw, cooked, shredded or diced. I even hated listening to Bugs Bunny chomp those orange gag-cycles on cartoons as a child. I just hate carrots. One exception, I like carrot cake, goes to show you that a person can wrap anything with cake and smear it with cream cheese frosting and make it edible.

My wife does not share this hatred of carrots with me, she actually likes them. In fact, she puts them in everything, soups, stews, casseroles and she probably even puts them in her cereal in the morning. Everything I eat at home has those horrible orange eyes staring up at me. I'm not sure, but I think forcing your children to eat carrots constitutes child abuse.......... don't think I better turn her in, I'll just end up eating more carrots when she gets out.

No comments:

Post a Comment