Saturday, March 14, 2009

Observation #6 - Decisions


I am an upper level executive for one of the country's greatest companies, and as such I am a decision making wonder. I can make operational decisions, people decisions, money decisions and still be able to decide between soup or salad at lunch without working up a sweat. No decision flusters me, if I'm right I'm a hero, if I'm wrong then it's a great learning experience not to be repeated. I take a totally pragmatic approach and am generally sucessful, a decision making guru if you will.

At home, not so much. When my wife and I were married we agreed she could make all the small decisions about our life and we would make the big ones together. This has worked out very well for us. I believe this is because, so far, all the decisions must have been small ones as I've not had to be involved in a single decision in 31 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment