Friday, March 20, 2009

Observation #12 - Hybrid Cars


I want to be clear up front, if you drive a hybrid car I really don't care. Have you ever heard of a hybrid anything being a good thing? If you were going in for a heart transplant would you want a hybrid replacement heart, I wouldn't. I am not impressed so you don't have to put all kinds of emblems, initials and logos on your car telling me it's a hybrid, again don't care.

I saw a Honda Civic today that said NGV on the side on the car. I was told that it meant Natural Gas Vehicle..... Well Woo Freakin' Hoo. I'm going to put FFGG on the side of my Vette and make sure everyone with a hybrid car knows it means Fossil Fuel Gas Guzzler. I'm using my share of Fossil fuels now, let the next generation worry about what they're going to power their cars with, I'll be dead and on my way to becoming a Fossil fuel myself so I won't care.

It was once pointed out to me while fueling my Vette by the driver of a Toyota Prius that I was being hard on our Fossil fuels. Last time I checked Fossils were all dead, they don't care what I drive. Let's look at the basics, electric hybrid cars need to be recharged with electricity. 75% of our electricity is made by coal fired power plants. Coal is what, a Fossil fuel so get off your high horse.

One last thing, why can't they build a decent looking electric hybrid, they all look like eggs and who wants to drive an egg?

No comments:

Post a Comment