Monday, March 30, 2009

Observation #20 - Spring Time


Spring is without a doubt the most frustrating season of all, if a season can be frustrating. Here, it's 70 degrees one day and 4 inches of snow the next. One day I'm driving one of the old Vettes and the next day I'm driving the Jeep with the hubs locked. I think that Spring should be like an on/off switch, one day its Winter and the next day its Spring. Wish I knew how to do that, must be a way, after all I'm not asking for much, I just want to control the weather. OK, sounds a little more difficult when I say it that way.

My parents live in Phoenix and will tell you it's a perfect climate. We also lived there for 9 years so I have some experience in the subject. Yes, the Winters are a delight, shorts, golf and driving Corvettes, what more can you want? But Spring is not so kind, you get 100 degree days in April and they don't end until September. Who wants to play golf or drive a Corvette with the top off when it's 118 degrees outside, you'll get your brain baked. Come to think of it, most people say my ideas are half baked, maybe that's why, got my brain baked in Phoenix.

I think I'll go with that, sounds like a good excuse.........

No comments:

Post a Comment