Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Observation #2 - Pants




What happened? Did I miss a meeting, did I not get the memo? When did buying pants become such a chore? When I was a younger man it was much easier, just walk into any store selling Levi's, pick up a couple pairs of 501 button fly size 36 X 36 and I was good to go. Ah, the simpler times, reminds me of the Bob Seger song "Like a Rock", I'm still built like a rock, just not in the good sense of the word, more like the roundish, curvy and misshapen kind of rock people put in their front yard to stop erosion.

So what do I wear? Is it classic fit, original fit, comfort fit or relaxed fit? What exactly is the difference between comfort and relaxed fit anyways. Are comfort fit jeans just more comfortable and relaxed fit jeans just a little more laid back with a better attitude towards life in general, I just don't know.

Here's a suggestion for those executive types that manage retail stores that sell pants. You already have a Boy's department, Men's department and a Big & Tall department. How about adding a Middle Aged & Confused department. Another thing, don't staff it with Barbie's daughter. I don't need last year's prom queen taking my measurements and trying to develop a fashion statement for me. Just hire another middle aged guy that can just look at me and point to the shelf, I can deal with that and will be your customer for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment