Sunday, March 15, 2009

Observation # 7 - Patio Furniture


So we have a nice suburban front porch with a view of the mountains and it's a great place to sit and watch the world go by. On this front porch we had a pair of nice cast iron chairs with puffy cushions and they were extremely comfortable, I could sit there for hours given the opportunity. Of all the issues we have in our lives, those two chairs were very low on my priority list. I would have assumed the same was the case for my wife, I guess I was wrong.

Yesterday, my lovely wife declared it was time to replace the chairs on the front porch. OK, no big deal and in all actuality a small decision - I can let her make the call. I mean, how could this go bad for me, they're just chairs, right? She brought back two rocking chairs. Rocking chairs, people! I now have two beautiful white rocking chairs in plain view on the front porch of my house. OK, I know I'm getting up there in years but rocking chairs? These things make a statement to everyone that drives by, kind of like the house your grandparents live in. Then there's the confusion issue, two things that just don't go together, Corvette in the driveway and rocking chairs on the front porch. Of course I have a handicap tag for the Vette due to some knee work, but I never put the two things together before. That used to confuse people but now with the rocking chairs on the porch it kind of makes sense. The most disturbing thing of all about these chairs (that I am having a major breakdown over) is that, well.... these things are kind of comfortable. What does that mean?

1 comment:

  1. Didn't you explain the whole vette=midlife crisis thing? Trust me, no one is confused... :)

    ReplyDelete